Saturday, January 27, 2007

Penn State College Republicans 'Support' the Surge in Iraq

The Pennsylvania State University College Republicans watched President Bush give the State of the Union address January 23.
Money quotes:

Todd Taylor, president of the College Republicans, said Bush's speech hit the key points it needed to.

"I thought it was a good speech," Taylor said. "He focused on what he needed to -- Iraq, the economy and immigration reform."

The hot-button issue of the war in Iraq prompted Bush to reaffirm his decision to send an additional 20,000 troops overseas, a move Taylor said may not be enough.

"It's a step in the right direction, but there needs to be more," Taylor said. "I agree with Sen. John McCaine to send 50,000 troops in order to show a real commitment."

OK, Todd, what are you doing to "show a real commitment"?
Be A Man! Enlist!

Hat tip to Walden3.

3 Comments:

At 02 February, 2007 12:21, Blogger Aaron Kinney said...

Here is a lovely email I sent to Todd;

Dear Todd Taylor,

I read this article recently at: http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2007/01/01-24-07tdc/01-24-07dnews-07.asp

I definitely agree with you that Bush's State of the Union address was a "good speech." I also agree with your sentiments regarding Senator McCaine's call to send 50,000 troops in order to "show a real commitment."

Speaking of commitment, I think that as president of the College Republicans, you should "show real commitment" as well. It is well known that 50,000 troops will not simply fall off a tree and land in Baghdad. Those troops have to come from somewhere, and right now our military officials aren't too sure where they can acquire that many while keeping our military and all volunteer force. Freedom isn't free.

Assuming that you are a heterosexual and under 42 (I believe you qualify on both conts), would you please consider enlisting in the Marines, or possibly the Army?

I have been a supporter of this war since the beginning. In fact, I tried to join the military long before 9/11 even happened. Back in 1998, I was in communication with an excellent Army recruiter. Eventually, I was determined to be unfit to serve because of a neurological condition. It was the saddest day of my life.

Can you please do the right thing for your president, for your countrymen, for yourself, and for me? Can you please enlist and show that real American commitment that so many of us desire? You are the leader of the College Republicans for a reason, and I believe in you. Please help protect the freedoms of all of us, especially for those who are unable to do the protecting ourselves.

Thank you for your time.

Aaron Kinney

 
At 03 February, 2007 07:45, Blogger Karl said...

Mr. Kinney-

Thank you for helping Keep America Great by encouraging Mr. Taylor to Be A Man! Enlist!

 
At 06 February, 2007 18:28, Blogger Aaron Kinney said...

He responded:

I have considered becoming an OCS candidate personally. I appreciate you
contacting me. However, for other people that would say "you wanna talk
about the war, then go fight it"....that is ridiculous. I am not in the
military as of yet, but does that mean I cant criticize or defend this
war. I am not on the House Subcommittee on Transportation either, but I
will criticize SEPTA if I want to.

Thank you again, and good luck to you,

Todd Taylor
Chairman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home