Contest: Blog Your Campus
Update II: I'm pulling the iPod from the prize list. Vaughn D. Taylor of Liberal Revolt was donating it, but he got caught up in the hurricane. I'm sure he has more immediate needs to attend to. Nobody entered anything yet, so I hope we haven't disappointed anyone.
Update: Some great prizes have been added--see below for details.
Many of you are familiar with the Freeway Blogger's brilliant work. We'd like to see something similar happening at or near college campuses. To that end, Operation Yellow Elephant is holding a "Blog Your Campus" contest.
Create signs relating to Operation Yellow Elephant's mission to expose the hypocrisy of hawkish College Republicans and other young conservatives who are too cowardly to fight in the war they demanded. Post these signs near roadways and pedestrian pathways on or near college campuses. Photograph your work and send it to me. I'll post them here. In early October, the OYE Contributing Writers and the Freeway Blogger will pick a winner.
How to Make Your Sign
It's always a good idea to learn from the masters.
How to Win
Send us a photo featuring a sign with a great message and lots of people or cars traveling past it. If it generates press, it wouldn't hurt to send us a url or a clipping.
- One Operation Yellow Elephant Tee-Shirt
- One Official USMC Tee-Shirt (Courtesy of OYE Contributer Karl)
- One Operation Yellow Elephant Bumper Sticker
- Ten Operation Yellow Elephant Buttons
- One Crooks and Liars Coffee Mug (Courtesy ofJamato of Crooks and Liars)
- Official USMC Tee-Shirt(Courtesy of OYE Contributer Karl)
- Liberal Revolt Sticker(Courtesy of Vaughn D. Taylor of Liberal Revolt)
- Operation Yellow Elephant Button
- Signs must be placed near roadways or pedestrian pathways on or near campus.
- Photos of the signs must demonstrate that the sign can be viewed by many people (people or cars in the foreground)
- Submit your entries here no later than September 30, 2005.
- Vaughn adds this:
Make sure the sign really kicks ass, it's easy to see, and it's clear that it is not a fake. I'm a Photoshop master, so don't f&*k with me and you will get your musical device -- grasshopper. Perhaps take photos of the sign making process including the hanging of it?