Monday, January 02, 2006

Squawking Chickenhawks

Well, I posted the basic Operation Yellow Elephant concept on this blog [scroll down to December 9 0810] and I'm amazed at what resulted. 'Not too much real thought, I'm afraid, but some sincere discussion, which I appreciate. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone really understood the point of Operation Yellow Elephant. Was there something wrong with how I wrote it?

Very few of these commentators actually did the Full Disclosure. But here's mine: I'm currently too old (age 45, no prior service) for the military, but remain interested. [Recruiters can contact me directly; my e-mail address is posted.] I'm otherwise in reasonable shape and good (not perfect) health. Lack of perfection in my health has prevented me from going to Afghanistan or Iraq in my current capacity, but I'm still trying. So, what about you?

3 Comments:

At 02 January, 2006 23:08, Blogger merlallen said...

I've been out of the Navy for 25 years. Some of my high school friends are still in the Army and Navy.
And I know exactly what you mean. Eligible people who support this war need to do more than put magnet stickers on their cars.

 
At 03 January, 2006 00:44, Blogger Drew said...

I tried my ass off to get in to any service that would take me. Unfortunately, a bad left knee and two screws in my back keeps me over here while my buddies are over there.

 
At 03 January, 2006 08:11, Blogger Karl said...

drew-

Thank You for stepping forward. If more so-called "patriots" did the same, we wouldn't be having such problems in Iraq.

Why?

Because if there were lines of motivated recruits all over America, Congress would have no problem authorizing a larger Army, including in Iraq. Now, it's simply not realistic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home