Friday, November 04, 2005

Bowdoin Yellow Elephant Takes It Back!

College Republican National Committee Secretary Dan Schuberth (Bowdoin '06) has retracted his criticism of his classmate, College Democrat (and Marine reservist) Alex Cornell du Houx, who opposes the war in Iraq but is doing his military duty;

In a letter to the student newspaper, Schuberth wrote, "In my attempt to deal a blow to a political opponent, I made the mistake of questioning his patriotism and motivation for choosing to fight in Iraq."

"While I strongly disagree with Alex in terms of his political beliefs and his demeanor towards those who disagree with him," Schuberth continued, "it was inappropriate of me to question his patriotism and motivation for joining our armed forces. As I stated before, I have nothing but the highest degree of respect for any soldier who is brave enough to take up arms in defense of his or her country. This respect is offered regardless of a soldier's political beliefs.

I sincerely apologize to those who were offended by my remarks."

Operation Yellow Elephant thanks Mr. Schuberth for doing the right thing. And, if you get into shape and decide to enlist (say, after your forthcoming graduation), we'll even salute you right here on our blog.

Operation Yellow Elephant focuses on the present and future, not the past. Anyone can decide to do the right thing. Thanks again to Mr. Schuberth. And thanks to Doe for the update.

3 Comments:

At 09 November, 2005 16:26, Blogger jurassicpork said...

Methinks I see the remnants of a riding crop lashing from the hand of General JC Christian, Patriot.

"Political opponent." (snark) Get over yourself, you bloated fuck. You're in college. The only opponents you have is during the frat house beer chugging contest.

 
At 10 November, 2005 12:28, Blogger Aaron Kinney said...

LOL! I really want that stuffed Turkey to get some balls and decide to serve. I wonder why he doesnt enlist? Does he not think hes worthy of the "respect" he holds for other soldiers himself?

 
At 10 November, 2005 12:30, Blogger Karl said...

Well, he'll have to lose some weight, first.

But let's give him a positive message this time. I'll work on a posting and, The General-style, include his e-mail address.

'Great idea, Aaron.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home