Saturday, August 11, 2007

Jonah Goldberg on Narcissism

National Review's Jonah Goldberg recently wrote in the LA Times about narcissistic American youth. Money quote:

Our centers of the universe

America's youth are narcissistic, but they eventually come around.


[ . . . ]the hand-wringing about youth's sense of entitlement can go overboard as well. Volunteerism is on the rise, not something you would necessarily expect even after discounting for the desire to pad transcripts and resumes. The best of our supposedly pampered young men seem more than able to adjust to the culture of self-sacrifice animating our armed forces.

OYE Comment:

Of course, that doesn't include Jonah Goldberg himself. His money quote:

As for why my sorry a** isn't in the kill zone, lots of people think this is a searingly pertinent question. No answer I could give -- I'm 35 years old, my family couldn't afford the lost income, I have a baby daughter, my a** is, er, sorry, are a few -- ever seem to suffice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home