Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Romney Answers The Question about His Five Sons

Here's former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, Answering The Question in his own words:

Question: "Hi, my name's Rachel Griffiths, thank you so much for being here and asking for our comments. And I appreciate your recognizing the Iraq War veteran. My question is how many of your five sons are currently serving in the U.S. military and if none of them are, how do they plan to support this War on Terrorism by enlisting in our U.S. military?"

Governor Romney: "Well, the good news is that we have a volunteer army and that's the way we're going to keep it. My sons are all adults and they've made their decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty. I respect their decision in that regard. I also respect and value very highly those who make a decision to serve in the military. I think we ought to show an outpouring of support just as I suggested. A surge of support for those families and those individuals who are serving. My niece, for instance, just to tell you what a neighborhood can do and how touching it can be.

"My niece, Misha, living out West, her husband I think he got a call on a Tuesday. He's in the National Guard. He got a call on a Tuesday that he was going to be called up and shipped overseas on a Thursday. And they just bought a home -– they hadn’t landscaped it -– but the rules in the neighborhood were that unless you got your home landscaped within a year of the time that you bought your home, they began fining you, because they didn’t want people having mud holes in front of their homes. And she was very worried and just before the year expired, she woke up one morning and looked out the window and all the neighbors were out there, rolling down sod, putting up trees, getting it all done.

"It’s remarkable how we can show our support for our nation and one of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping to get me elected, because they think I’d be a great president. My son, Josh, bought the family Winnebago and has visited 99 counties, most of them with his three kids and his wife. And I respect that and respect all of those in the way they serve this great country."

OYE Comment:

Well, Governor Romney's Answered The Question, more or less. We can conclude that he has not encouraged any of his five sons, all healthy heterosexuals 41-or-under, even to consider volunteering for military service in the Global War on Terror. He's answered it and we thank him at least for that.

As the Five Romney Brothers continue to campaign for their father for President, real Americans remain free to Ask The Question of each one. We would also appreciate any further explanation they choose to share with the American people about the deliberations leading up to their individual decisions.

Operation Yellow Elephant salutes Real American Rachel Griffiths for offering the American people essential information to choose our national leaders.

Hat tip to Talking Points Memo and everyone who wrote to us with the tip.

2 Comments:

At 08 August, 2007 19:52, Blogger Wek said...

I think I get what Mitt's saying. If you want to support the troops but don't want to put your ass on the line you can always:

1.) Work for Mitt's campaign.

2.) Sod a Serviceman's lawn.

 
At 10 August, 2007 15:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went to the five brothers website, as a black man I want to know why are there no black people, out of all the pictures posted not one black person can be found? Surely Mitt has some black support. I asked the five brothers, waiting on a answer, freder421.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home