Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A College Republican Responds

Blake Adami of the College Republicans at Texas A&M responded to our March posting.

Howdy, this is Blake Adami and I just wanted to make a correction about what was posted above. I did receive an e-mail asking if I had served in the military to which I replied no. I was a bit unclear to the other [standard Operation Yellow Elephant] questions that I was being asked, so I thought I would explain myself now.

After graduating high school I went on to Texas A&M University, where I am currently at. After I graduate here, I plan on attending law school. For these reasons, I do not plan on joining the military.

If in time a draft was ever reinstated and my number was called, I would happily serve my country. I also fully do support President Bush. I had the honor to vote for him in the past
election and fully support the war in Iraq.

I hope this clarifies some of the confusion. If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

Thanks and Gig'em,
Blake Adami.

Blake-

Thanks for Answering The Question. Frankly, you have more guts than many other College Republicans we have contacted. All of that said, however, given your support of the war and our military's continuing recruiting challenges, we nevertheless urge you to consider changing your current plans (not for your career, but just for a while) in order to Support President Bush where you are clearly needed. As a future leader of our governing party, it's up to you to set a good example for the rest of us.

7 Comments:

At 11 April, 2006 10:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These chickenhawks need to put up or shut up. It's that simple. He says he fully supports the Iraq War but the fact that he doesn't actually fight in it proves that to be a lie.

He only PARTIALLY supports the war.

 
At 11 April, 2006 13:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He mentions that:
If in time a draft was ever reinstated and my number was called, I would happily serve my country.
So he wouldn't dodge the draft, like tens of thousands of baby boomers did, when it was their turn.
He must hate Clinton, Chenney, Delay and Bush for their draft dodging efforts.

*JOKE TIME JOKE TIME JOKE TIME*
Tom Delay mentioned that he couldn't go to war because so many minority youths had volunteered.
That is a lie. What really happened is that he went down to join, and the Army wanted him to go in, but at a later date, which he agreed to. When that date finally came around, the war was over, and he ended up not joining.
Today, this is called the Delay entry program.
*BA DA-DUM*

 
At 11 April, 2006 23:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps someone from Texas A&M would not be a person we would want in the military. I served in Viet Nam and an ROTC officer from that school was so bad at map reading that he almost fired his night defensive fires on my platoons position. Had my enlisted RTO not been paying attention to the co-ordinates he was calling in, I and my entire platoon of fifteen (!) would probably have been dead or seriously wounded. Let them stay where they are and not putting our brave troops in more harms way.

 
At 12 April, 2006 00:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so what you're saying is you won't serve until you HAVE TO. Nice.

 
At 12 April, 2006 02:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He'll never get in law school if his grammar is as poor as demonstrated in that post.

Of course, he's probably well connected ... and then, there's his hero, W, who's functionally illiterate (despite having an MBA from Harvard --- don't you know Harvard is sooooooooooooo proud).

Folks, the "chickens is comin' home to roost" (remember George Wallace's declaration?), and this Clintonist is feeling a touch of schadenfreude ... ahhh, it feels so good.

 
At 12 April, 2006 11:16, Blogger merlallen said...

they're pretty confidant that there will never be a draft. if there is, they will discover their gayness or try to grow a hair in their ass or get bum knees or something.

 
At 13 April, 2006 09:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sent to Blake: Well Blake, I read your post and I agree that if you are certainly all for the war in Iraq and believe in the mission, you need to join the military. You see, there is no MOS for cheerleader in the Army, and if you want to be a cheerleader you are actually doing nothing to support the troops. Good intentions and strong convictions are worthless without the action needed to back them up. In order to be true to your principles, you should put your education on hold and join the other volunteers who serve their country by their actions not their stated opinions.

My draft lottery number was 4 in 1969
I served, how about you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home