Sunday, February 05, 2006

Ballad of the Young Republicans!

Blogger.com's a little weird this weekend; several of my postings have disappeared. I'll try again with them later.

In the meantime, from TPM Cafe, is the Ballad of the Young Republicans.

[Sung to the "'Battle' Hymn of the Republic " (sort of)]

Oh I'm a patriotic republican

. the flag gives me a thrill

An I support the troops

. like liberals never will

But the soldiers aren't too grateful

. and that gives me a pain

You'd think they were in danger,

. the way they all complain

It's armor this and armor that

. and where's the exit plan

And give us filtered water

. this ain't the boy scouts, man

So put a sock in it soldier

. and salute the c-in-c

Someone's gotta fight them ayrabs

. and it sure as hell ain't me.

And years from now when I drive by

. your cardboard sign and mangy dog

You'll be wearing a ragged uniform

. I'll say, "look at that fucking slob"

You'll be sitting on your wheelchair

. afraid, alone, but don't despair

I won't forget the service

. you gave our President

I may roll down the window

. and toss you 50 cents.

3 Comments:

At 05 February, 2006 13:15, Anonymous Clem said...

"Blogger.com's a little weird this weekend; several of my postings have disappeared."

God! What a liar!

 
At 07 February, 2006 13:44, Blogger Daut said...

I always thought their song should be Freedom Isn't Free, from Team America:

What would you do
If you were asked to give up your dreams for freedom
What would you do
If asked to make the ultimate sacrifice

Would you think about all them people
Who gave up everything they had.
Would you think about all them War Vets
And would you start to feel bad

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
No, there's a hefty fuckin' fee.
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?

What would you do
If someone told you to fight for freedom.
Would you answer the call
Or run away like a little pussy
'Cause the only reason that you're here.
Is 'cause folks died for you in the past
So maybe now it's your turn
To die kicking some ass

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
Now there's a have to hook'in fee
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?

You don't throw in your buck 'o five. Who will?
Oooh buck 'o five
Freedom costs a buck 'o five

 
At 11 February, 2006 21:18, Blogger Mary said...

Your mother is used to people throwing money out of car windows! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! FOR BLOW JOBS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home