Sunday, February 05, 2006

Ballad of the Young Republicans!

Blogger.com's a little weird this weekend; several of my postings have disappeared. I'll try again with them later.

In the meantime, from TPM Cafe, is the Ballad of the Young Republicans.

[Sung to the "'Battle' Hymn of the Republic " (sort of)]

Oh I'm a patriotic republican

. the flag gives me a thrill

An I support the troops

. like liberals never will

But the soldiers aren't too grateful

. and that gives me a pain

You'd think they were in danger,

. the way they all complain

It's armor this and armor that

. and where's the exit plan

And give us filtered water

. this ain't the boy scouts, man

So put a sock in it soldier

. and salute the c-in-c

Someone's gotta fight them ayrabs

. and it sure as hell ain't me.

And years from now when I drive by

. your cardboard sign and mangy dog

You'll be wearing a ragged uniform

. I'll say, "look at that fucking slob"

You'll be sitting on your wheelchair

. afraid, alone, but don't despair

I won't forget the service

. you gave our President

I may roll down the window

. and toss you 50 cents.

1 Comments:

At 05 February, 2006 13:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Blogger.com's a little weird this weekend; several of my postings have disappeared."

God! What a liar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home