Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Real American: U.S. Army CPL James Hogan

Operation Yellow Elephant salutes CPL James Hogan [above right, in baseball cap], U.S. Army, age 33, a former high school teacher and coach, who decided to Be A Man! Enlist! Money quotes:
- - - - - -
But Cpl. James Hogan left a job he loved, teaching high-school history and economics in Superior, Wis., to be a part of American history, enlisting in November 2005.

I was teaching history and about the wars, and I felt it was my patriotic duty to serve, like the guys who went before me,” Hogan said. “I don’t want to sit on my deck at 60 years old and tell people I had a chance to serve and didn’t.
- - - - - -
A willingness to be on the ground and on the front lines earns respect. One of his heroes, he said, is Theodore Roosevelt.
- - - - - -
I think I’ll get more respect as a teacher – I can bring in my photos and things from Iraq, and that would be really good. If I go into the chaplaincy, I’d like to be an Army Reserve or National Guard chaplain so I could still teach.

It’s an honor to serve my country alongside all my fellow soldiers in uniform,” Hogan said, “and I’m thankful for the opportunity to do it.”

We know nothing about CPL Hogan's personal politics, and we don't care. Operation Yellow Elephant thanks CPL Hogan for his service to our nation and for his inspiring leadership.

OK, College and Young Republicans, what about You?

2 Comments:

At 18 July, 2007 22:14, Blogger Wek said...

I find it really sad that no one commented on this post dedicated to a Great American.

 
At 19 July, 2007 04:06, Blogger Roy said...

Well I make two. I am sixty and can set on my porch and say that I did serve in Vietnam. Bush can't, Cheney can't, and the list goes on.

I never felt that military service should be a requirement for serving as President, but now watching these service-evaders blithely send our troops into battle with out proper equipment and planning into a political war that has no merit or winning strategy, I am not so sure it should not be.

All of our men and women in uniform are heroes and should be cared for much better than the clowns running Washington now. There are clowns in Elephant suits and Donkey suits and a few in Chameleon suits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home