Thursday, September 22, 2005

Real Republicans Support the Troops!

Bravo to the Brevard County Young Republicans for organizing a September 24 "Pro-Troops, Pro-America" rally in Melbourne, Florida, to counter a "Demand for Answers" anti-Iraq War demonstration. But why are they hiding behind Vice President Meghan Temple? What about the club's other officers? The don't appear to be deployed in Iraq. Do they lack the courage even to fight the War of Ideas? As they all appear eligible to serve, let's ask them whether they, personally, have considered volunteering to enlist in our military and if not, why not:

President Robert Brodner, rbrodner (at) robertbrodner.net

Vice President Meghan Temple, meghan.temple (at) ngc.com or mktemple (at) bellsouth.net

Treasurer Name Joseph Pearce, jpearce (at) fit.edu

Secretary Name Brie Daigle, bdaigle20 (at) yahoo.com

Past President Ed Dean, eddean29 (at) yahoo.com

Generic address, bcyrclub (at) yahoo.com

PS. Check out the Gallery. Obviously, their drill sergeants will have their work cut out for them.

UPDATE: Here's what Meghan Temple said at the rally:

You cannot support the troops and not support their mission.

OK, Meghan. How are the Brevard County Young Republicans supporting their mission? The Army's recruiting year ends Friday September 30. Will you, personally, help the recruiters make their mission?

3 Comments:

At 23 September, 2005 17:31, Blogger Karl said...

I guess it's impossible to keep the spam on-topic.

 
At 23 April, 2006 11:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I am not named AFTER a cheese. And no, my brothers name isn't Monteray.

 
At 26 September, 2008 23:27, Blogger Unknown said...

What a shocker. The fromage-styled Ms. Brie Daigle recently wrote to SELF magazine the following BRILLIANT letter on Green Exhaustion:

Personally, I'm sick of seeing "green, green, green" in every magazine I read, as well as the impolication that I'm some sort of beast for not feeling any green guilt. Don't get me wrong: I recycle, use fabric bags for groceries and grown my own vegetables. It's good to do these things. Mainly, I do them to SAVE green, not to be green. I'm tired of being harped on about the fragile state of the earth, when we really have no idea about the "fragility" of this billions-of-years-old planet. Can we move forward and focus on "You at Your Best" rather than "You at Your Greenest?"

...Sure, Brie. Let me know how well that trendy new lip gloss is workin' for ya when the Arctic methane gases released by melting ice (because of global warming) sear your lungs into a crispy fritter.

Hi. I actually wanted to send this dumb bitch an e-mail to educate her, but you can't penetrate this kind of ignorance. This blog is where I found her e-mail. I just wanted to vent my spleen.

xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home