Monday, July 11, 2005

Why Republicans Support OYE

Just because Operation Yellow Elephant is nonpartisan doesn't mean that its bloggers and supporters are. Quite the contrary.

But we all recognize that it's better for our country if the strongest and most vocal supporters of our governing party are also demonstrating credible leadership by volunteering to serve.

IF (granted, that's a big if) the College Republicans and the Young Republicans volunteer to serve in noticeable numbers, that'll show the Democrats that the Republican Party is truly on its way to a permanent majority in the United States.

But if not, I'm afraid I'll even consider voting for Hillary in 2008. After all, if we can't stomach a fight in Iraq, there's no way we'll be able to go against her.

5 Comments:

At 11 July, 2005 22:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

republicans only support OYE so that they can avoid the question of why they arent ENLISTED yet, yuk yuk

 
At 12 July, 2005 03:44, Blogger Karl said...

Sue-

I'm 44, no prior service and apparently ineligible under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." But I'm in good health, meet the height/weight standards, etc., and still want to serve. Maybe these factors are related.

After I read media reports that they raised the maximum age for the Army Reserve to 39 (from 34), I did sign up at goarmy.com

They told me that I'm [still] too old, but that I could help by encouraging younger people to consider serving.

Hence my support for Operation Yellow Elephant.

And I remain interested in serving. I just sent the Las Vegas Sun article to my local recruiter with a request to take another look at me.

We'll see what happens.

-

 
At 12 July, 2005 23:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Hippocrates, if they truly supported the cause of liberty and truly believed what the president said when he called service in the military the noblest profession, they themselves would enlist to defend liberty abroad and risk their lives for the principals they claim to believe in.

From APO AE 09393

 
At 12 July, 2005 23:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Hippocrates, if they truly supported the cause of liberty and truly believed what the president said when he called service in the military the noblest profession, they themselves would enlist to defend liberty abroad and risk their lives for the principals they claim to believe in.

From APO AE 09393

 
At 14 July, 2005 23:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you signed up after you were too old and knew you were too old? WHAT A COWARD CHICKENHAWK CHICKENSHIT HIPPOCRATES

go lobby congress, become a contractor, DO SOMETHING other than this damn shit internet shitting all over the place that gets nothing done

 

Post a Comment

<< Home