Sunday, August 15, 2010

DADT claims another

A sailor using poor judgement falls victim to the piss-poor DADT law.
McIntosh said he brought his phone down to the dock even though he was not allowed. When he pulled it out to check the time, his superiors confiscated his phone and were required to go through the pictures for security reasons. He said they did not find anything top secret, but they did find graphic pictures of him and his boyfriend.

"This is why I'm being discharged, is because of pictures that have nothing to do with why they were looking at my phone in the first place," he said.

He is filing an appeal and is waiting to hear back. He said if that does not go through, however, he's out of options.

McIntosh said the classification of his discharge limits his benefits.

"I joined the Navy so that I could afford to go to school and be a productive citizen and get a good job and take care of my family," McIntosh said. "Now I can't do that. I'm back to step one."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home