Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Wow. What an azzhole...

These lug nuts don't have a friggin' clue. Meet Peter Schiff, a former advisor to Ron Paul who equates his candidacy for Senate to enlisting.
I'm interrupting my career. It's not like I want my new career in politics. But I'm willing to interrupt it the same way that somebody interrupted their career and joined World War II and went off to fight the Nazis. I don't think that I'm that heroic, and I don't think I'm risking as much as a soldier. But it's the same principle.

No, he's not eligible to serve Our Country in uniform since he's too old, so this post is mostly irrelevant except to point out that fools like Marco Rubio and Jason Mattera share the same mentality that somehow their meaningless, selfish pursuits are somehow a sacrifice for the rest of us.

HT: TP

3 Comments:

At 06 October, 2009 14:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Schiff is anything like Ron Paul, then he opposes almost all foreign wars. I don't think he's anything like the "Yellow Elephants" who bravely sit in front of their keyboards, mongering for wars that others will fight.

 
At 06 October, 2009 14:21, Blogger Wek said...

Anon-

Understood. The issue I had was him equating running for office with risking life and limb in combat. As though the 'dangerous' campaign trail should be equated to fighting across the Atlantic against an entrenched enemy.

 
At 03 November, 2009 14:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He wasn't equating running for office with risking life and limb in combat.

He was equating interrupting his career to WWII soldiers interrupting their careers.

The comparison was about interrupting a career vs taking on a new career.

This makes sense if you read the whole article, because he was responding to a question about whether he was becoming a career politician or not.

Out of the whole interview, ths is what you blog about? Gotta love American politics...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home