Monday, March 02, 2009

Military Mother (UPDATED)

Recalled.
A North Carolina woman who was recalled to the Army four years after being honorably discharged was driving nearly 400 miles and braving a Southeastern winter storm to report for duty Sunday, with her children by her side.

Lisa Pagan was en route to Fort Benning, despite the snow, and said in a phone interview she hoped to reach the Georgia post by early evening.

"I know I'm on my way doing what I need to do," Pagan said. "But I'm a little nervous."
OYE Comment: Lisa Pagan is reporting for duty a 2nd time because Charlie Smith, the National Chairman for the College Republicans, never enlisted for a 1st time.
UPDATE: Lisa Pagan discharged.

3 Comments:

At 09 March, 2009 17:19, Blogger Progressive Vet said...

I am here in Ft Benning and she caused quite a stir. The problem is, there are hundreds of us called up each month and I'm probably going back to Iraq again after being out 1.5 years. We have an NCO who's been out since 1992 with us.

 
At 10 March, 2009 01:11, Blogger Jerry Rush said...

If he has been out since '92 he is way past the IRR time of 8 years (minus the time served..I did six and just finished my IRR time last Saturday)

Are you sure this NCO didn't volunteer?

 
At 10 March, 2009 15:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least she's not a lesbian.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home