Saturday, September 29, 2007

Jon Fleischman Answers The Question

We Asked The Question of Jon Fleischman, founder and publisher of FlashReport.org. Here's his Answer [from Sept. 6, 2007]:

I appreciate your inquiry.

For years I have volunteered here at home as a uniformed Reserve Deputy Sheriff with the Orange County [California] Sheriff's Department.

As I near my 40th birthday, and prepare to welcome my first born son in a few weeks, I will leave voluntary service in the military to others.

Jon


OYE Comment:

We thank Mr. Fleischman for having considered volunteering for military service and for sharing the results of his deliberations with the American people by responding to Our Question. [Although it's off our topic, we note that he mentioned other service to the community.]

We also thank Mr. Fleischman for having the Courage to respond; very few, such as Henry Hager, do any more.

When evaluating Mr. Fleischman's comments on the war or other issues of the day, the American people may take his Answer into account in making their own decisions.

In other words, We Report; You Decide.

3 Comments:

At 30 September, 2007 18:48, Blogger a progressive crank said...

In other words, "I ran out the clock."

But, all snark aside, I respect Mr Fleishman's willingness to serve in uniform at home. Orange County isn't Baghdad or even East LA, but he didn't have to do it.

 
At 01 October, 2007 21:14, Blogger Wek said...

In speaking for myself, I've found that I've lowered my standards considerably when I contact a subject to post on OYE. If the person responds back to me giving me at least weak answer as to why they haven't enlisted, I now view them as the 'admirable' cowards. Most don't respond (i.e. Greg Porter) or don't answer the questions I ask (i.e. Shawn Fago). So I guess I'll take this moment to thank Mr. Fleischman for being on the high end of the gutless.

 
At 06 October, 2007 13:02, Blogger Karl said...

Right you are, Wek.

Even Jenna Bush has the balls to Answer some version of The Question.

Unlike her future husband, Henry Hager, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home