Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Honesty from Hollywood: The Messenger

Actor Steve Buscemi, above, recently discussed his role in The Messenger, starring Ben Foster and Woody Harrelson.
Q: You also popped up in The Messenger. In fact, you blamed the messenger, going into a rage when they told you your son died at war.

Buscemi: I tried to talk Oren [Moverman] out of casting me, but he insisted. I was nervous because [in real life] I have a son who is that age that could be over there. Going to that place where I needed to go as an actor was very uncomfortable.
OYE Comment:

The Messenger is worth seeing. It shows the realities of both war and the lives of people directly involved. When our nation goes to war, real people, both in and out of uniform, are affected. We thank all involved with The Messenger for sharing military families' stories with their fellow Americans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home