Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Nonsense that is Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Former President Bill Clinton on DADT.
I hated what happened. I regret it but I didn't, have, I didn't think at the time, any choice if I wanted any progress to be made at all. Look, I think it's ridiculous. Can you believe they spent, whatever they spent, $150,000 to get rid of a valued Arabic speaker recently? You know, the thing that changed me forever on Don't Ask, Don't Tell was when I learned that 130 gay service people were allowed to serve and risk their lives in the first Gulf War and all their commanders knew they were gay, but they let them go out there and risk their lives because they needed them. Then as soon as the first Gulf War was over, they kicked them out. That's all I needed to know. That's all anybody needs to know that this policy should be changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home