Romney at YRNC2007: Another Missed Opportunity
Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney spoke July 7 to the Young Republicans National Convention at the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa in Hollywood, Florida. Money quotes:
- - - - - -" . . . And militarily, we face an entirely new type of threat - violent Jihad whose sponsors seek nuclear weapons.
- - - - - -"The new generation of challenges we face today includes challenges to our national security, Violent Jihadists are intent on replacing moderate Muslim governments with a Caliphate or Imam. And they seek the collapse of our economy, our government and our military.
- - - - - -"One thing you can count on if I am President, if there is a war being waged by the terrorists, there will be a war waged on the terrorists. And we will win!
- - - - - -"Conservatism, Republicanism, is a philosophy of strength. We believe in a strong military, a strong economy, and in strong families and values. We believe in the American people.
- - - - - -"America fights for freedom - for itself and for freedom-loving people around the world.
"This is the America our parents chose, a nation that is good, a nation that is strong. And now it is time for us to choose what America will be. I know what I choose. I know what you choose. We choose a strong America that will always be the land of the free, the home of the brave and the hope of the world."
OYE Comment: Well, as we can see, Gov. Romney has yet to encourage anyone, even a single one of his five healthy heterosexual sons, to consider volunteering for military service. It's not clearly exactly what he means by "We."