Wednesday, June 09, 2010

More lame than partying with your in-laws

I once subjected myself to seeing boozed up Young Republicans in person. I'd rather shower in prison than do that again.
Indeed, a full bar was flowing and lovely, fancy hors d'oeuvres were passed from uptight white person to uptight white person. It was then that I noticed the "9/11 Explosive Evidence" T-shirt man. His sideburns seemed almost aggressive as he pushed past us towards the asparagus pizza. The back room of Palio is gorgeous, but it isn't huge. And the John Dennis folks filled up a little more than half of it. The crowd was certainly older. There were lots of well-dressed ladies and silver haired men, but I was most impressed with the collection of very beautiful, very similar young women. I stood in the middle of an Ann Taylor catalog and hoped my big hair and pearls were helping me blend.

All of a sudden, Ann Taylor Model Number 12 announces to the 30 or so of us gathered, "The candidate is arriving! Let's all go outside and greet him!"

No one reacted and she continued to plead. They actually wanted us to walk back through the restaurant and out the front door to stand on the sidewalk and applaud as John "Defeat Pelosi" Dennis arrived. I looked at her like she was nuts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home